Esperanza Preparatory Academy
Esperanza Preparatory Academy, a 6-12 college preparatory school, develops leaders who respect themselves, their community, and others. Our leaders master academic, social, and communication skills to succeed in college and become active citizens in society.
We believe that all of our children have the potential to achieve academically at high levels and that as educators it is our responsibility to help them reach that potential. We intend to counter the tracking of urban children of color, which limits their options, by creating an academically rigorous system, and nurturing and developing students’ talents. We will give our scholars the best opportunity to gain admission to a college of their choosing; thereby, vastly expanding their future opportunities and possibilities
The Esperanza Preparatory Academy community believes that your development as a scholar and as a person is very important. We believe it is so important for us to have beliefs and structures designed to care for you and improve your ability to have respect for self, others, and the community at large. Additionally, our values will help you become more knowledgeable about your history and the history of others to develop tolerance and respect for differences. We believe we must prepare you to participate as young adults in conversations that will create global and social change. We will coach you to apply the three core values described below; because we believe they will help you be a great scholar and prepare you to tackle any challenge. The five values are Perseverance, Responsibility, Integrity, Discipline, and Enthusiasm.
- We strive always to uphold the mission of EPA.
- We do whatever it takes to help each member of the EPA family achieve success.
- We finish what we start.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions.
- We watch over all members of our community and their property.
- We own our mistakes and learn from them.
- We actively participate and help people within our community.
- We provide service hours to make our community a better place to live.
- We act and speak honestly.
- We personify our values and beliefs.
- We conduct ourselves in a manner that makes our families, the community, and ourselves proud.
- We recognize that hard work produces positive results.
- We exercise self-control and make necessary sacrifices in order to reach our potential.
- We contribute to the orderliness that is necessary for our school to function.
- We maintain positive attitudes and practice positive thinking.
- We demonstrate interest and excitement in our own and other’s achievements.
- We pursue our passion in life.
To get more information about the school Contact Us